Lazy Sunday and hunger strikes. I needed something that was quick and easy to prepare but tasty at the same time. We had been to Rome in May and the food I ate there was mouth watering. I had half a pack of spaghetti and a pack of green beans in the fridge. I came up with the below recipe based on the Roman flavors that I had tasted when on Holiday. It is quick and easy with literally no preparation required and was on my plate in 20 minutes!
Spaghetti (as required)
Olive oil- 3-4 tbsp
Garlic pods chopped into small pieces- 3
Black Pepper powder (freshly ground)- 2 tsp
Oregano- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pack of Green beans for the stir fry
1. Heat water in a pot and bring it to boil
2. Add salt to taste and the spaghetti and cook as per instructions on the pack
3. When done, drain the spaghetti and keep aside
4. In a pan (or you can use the same pot) heat 2-3 tbsp of Olive oil
5. Add the red chilli, garlic, pepper and fry for a couple of seconds.
6. Now add the spaghetti and mix so it is coated with olive oil
7. Add the oregano and salt to taste
I stir fried some green beans in olive oil to go with the spaghetti. Just add some salt and pepper to the stir fry to add some flavor and voila! Sunday lunch is ready 🙂 As promised- quick, easy & delicious!